Ragging includes any type of physical or mental torture inflicted by any individual or group either by words or by conduct, which creates an apprehension in the mind of the person that he/she cannot pursue his/ her studies free from any mental disturbance or torture created thereby. Any person who aids or abets such an action shall also be guilty of ragging.
Ragging in and around the college hostel campus or on roads/ approaches leading thereto is strictly prohibited. If any student is found indulging in ragging directly or indirectly, the college authorities shall be obliged under Rule 22, 17 (a), (b), (c) of HP University to expel the guilty student(s) from the college hostel.
Any student found involved in ragging will be punished appropriately which may include:
- Expulsion from the University /College.
- Suspension from classes.
- Fine with a public apology.
- With holding a scholarship or other benefits.
- Debarring from the representations in events.
- Suspension or expulsion from hostel or mess.
- Legal proceedings under criminal law shall be initiated.
Anti-Ragging Committee :
- Asst. Prof. Dinesh Kumar (Convener)
- Asst. Prof. Govind Singh
- Asst. Prof. Ambra Devi
- Asst. Prof. Sushil Sharma
- Asst. Prof. Ajay Kumar